/

Thursday 19 November 2009

Studios I admire


Influences
A lot of my influence and interest in identity has come from present and emerging designers in this field rather than well known ones. Of course the work of the likes of Paul Rand, Paula Scher and Saul Bass is still interesting to me, but to see how designers closer to my position perform and generate their ideas is something which really interests me.

For example, Jacob Cass, as Australian designer who works mainly on identity and web design has had a huge impact on the way I look at the subject, I visit his blog daily to find new projects he's worked on as well as finding all sorts of useful information such as his favourite typefaces for different purposes. www.justcreativedesign.com

Tina Roth Eisenberg is another of my favourites, 'a swiss designer gone NYC' as she describes herself, what appeals to me about her is more her way of presenting what she does, coming from swiss roots her corporate identity work is very clean cut and precise which is something I truly admire and this style is evident throughout all her work.
She also runs a daily blog which contains interesting finds and ideas from her day, as well as things that just make her smile which I think is a great side project to keep ideas flowing and to keep her mind creatively active.
Her portfolio can be found at www.Projekt2.com and her blog at www.swiss-miss.com

No comments:

Post a Comment